Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Here's what's occupying my thoughts today...

I am a C...
I am a C-H...
I am a C-H-R-I-S-T-I-A-N.
And I have C-H-R-I-S-T in my H-E-A-R-T
And I will L-I-V-E E-T-E-R-N-A-L-L-Y!

At Corner Church, they always start out the service with a kids' song. This past Sunday, they sang the above song, which I had never heard before. It has been running through my head ever since. Like, ALL DAY LONG. I can't get it to go away. It's a cute song and all, but it's starting to drive me nutty.

Volleyball season is over! Yay! I mean, my team was great and all, but I'm ready to go back to a normal work week. We lost our last game of the season, which is too bad - always nice to end on a good note - but for fun, Romelie and I went to the Varsity game last night. Last season, one of the girls on my team got me a hooded sweatshirt that says "Little Red Knight" on it, so I got Romelie all dressed up and we cheered on the players. It was fun, she was well-behaved (Cheerios helped), but it went long so we had to leave before everything was done. Not before I got this super cute picture of us in our Red Knights gear, though!

Three more days to Houston...yay again! I'm in a yay kind of mood this morning. Perhaps it's the coffee. I'm excited to see everyone and to have an excuse to take lots of pictures - the picture-taking slows down when I don't have an event to take pictures during. And Angel, I got pictures printed up and they should arrive at my house tomorrow, so hopefully they won't get lost in the mail or anything!

What else...ooh, I know...I got Romelie a Halloween costume! Also will be arriving in the mail. I got it on zwaggle.com - if you haven't been to the site before, you should check it out. People put their gently used family items on their that they don't need anymore (kids clothes, DVDs, furniture, etc.) and you can get "zoints" for every item you "sell." Then you use your zoints to buy other stuff. I got rid of most of my maternity clothes on this site, and I've used my zoints to buy Baby Einstein DVDs and some cute clothes for Romelie and now, a Halloween costume! I won't spoil the fun and tell you what it is - I'll wait until I have an excuse to take pictures. Romelie's too young for trick-or-treating, but she is going to a pumpkin carving party at a co-worker's house and a Halloween party at my cousin Sheila's house and she may go up to visit Gramma Carol and check out a haunted house. So plenty of opportunities to wear the costume - hope she likes it!

Look for a Houston happenings blog entry later next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very cool.