Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Just sitting and spinning

Hmm…I’m slacking on the blogging. Maybe it’s because I was busy OBSESSING over some truly silly books: the “Twilight” series. Yes, friends, this lover of children’s / teen fiction and “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” finally picked up the first book of the vampire-and-human-fall-in-love series and couldn’t put it down. I read all four books in 9 days. I’m pretty proud of that fact, actually, but it leaves me craving more poorly written trash, and unfortunately I’m all out. I’m going to see the movie when I get a chance, though. Yes, I apparently think I’m 15 years old.

Anyway, on to Romelie. She’s continuing to learn more and more new things, but it’s hard to simply point to something and say “There! That was new! She’s never done that before!” I can say that she went down stairs (feet first, on her tummy) for the first time, and we have started giving her bigger pieces of food so she can learn how to take bites with her new teeth rather than trying to shove the entire thing in her mouth at once (she’s about 50/50 on that one). She did have a fever last weekend (Feb. 7), but we gave her Tylenol and it went away. Not really sure what that was about. And we went out to Baker’s Square for Valentine’s Day (with the baby – I know, we’re straight out of a Jane Austen novel), and she was very well behaved and cute.

Yesterday was Romelie’s 15-month check-up. She had three immunizations AND had to have blood drawn adult-style (rubber band thing around the upper arm, needle in the inner elbow – the whole torturous deal). It was pretty terrible; she was really scared, especially since they had to hold her arm down the whole time so she wouldn’t hurt herself by jerking away or anything. Sad sad sad. But otherwise she’s doing well. She still has that weird leg rash, though. Dr. Dukinfield thinks it might be a staph infection, so we’re going to try a new medicine for the next two weeks and see if that banishes it once and for all.

And Uncle Paul’s in town! He’ll be here for the next week or so, and we’re going to spend some time with him and my dad and grandma tonight. So I’ll be sure to take pictures, since I’ve been slacking on that again, too. I do have one video to share. Someone from Chason’s work gave us their old Sit ‘N’ Spin (you remember how much fun those used to be, right?). Well, Romelie figured out how to do it. She can’t walk yet, but damnit, she can sit ‘n’ spin like a professional. Enjoy.


No comments: