Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, February 27, 2009

Ride of Your Life

Uncle Paul’s gone back to Chicago. It was fun to have him here. Romelie is just starting to get over some of her separation anxiety issues, so she was laughing with him a lot more than the last time they saw each other. Uncle Paul was so good at taking photos, I didn’t bother to take any myself…but I have to wait to get copies from him before I can share. Sorry…slacker, anyone? Who’s surprised? No one.

On Monday night, my mom and I took Romelie to Chuck E Cheese where she went on her first rides! She enjoyed the little chair that goes around in a small, slow circle (see photo for a blast from the past from your own childhood, I’m sure). She did not, however, enjoy the motion simulator. You sit in these chairs that move and jerk just slightly, but they do it in time to a big screen picture of something like a roller coaster ride, and the two in combination makes you feel like you’re actually on a roller coaster ride. Romelie was on my lap…and she did not like it. We had to hit the emergency stop so we could exit the ride early. That’s okay, though. New experiences and all.

Romelie is apparently starting to experiment with walking…which means she’s been injuring herself a bit more this past week. She skinned her chin outside at daycare and fell on her face onto a toy drum. Yesterday she fell off a chair and hit herself in the head with a toy phone. So we’re giving lots of extra hugs and kisses. And sprouting more and more gray hairs every day.

And my mom got Romelie a CD of toddler tunes. So we took a video of my mom forcing Romelie to dance to “The Yellow Rose of Texas” in honor of our family in the South. This torture is for you, Dancer clan!

No comments: