Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Easter!

You know, I have written this post twice now. I don't have time to finish it, so I save a draft for later. I come back later to finish and publish and the draft has disappeared. I'm now writing my Happy Easter blog entry in late May.

Argh. Technology. You have bested me yet again.

At any rate...Happy Easter! (Pretend it's still April.) We did, in fact, have a delightful Easter. We were actually able to spread it out over a week when you include all of the pre-Easter activities we participated in.

The weekend before Easter, we went to an egg hunt at Musikgarten where we take music classes with Miss Emily. They did a group sing-a-long and then sent the kids out to look for eggs. Romelie was very respectful of the smaller kids (we've been to this egg hunt since it started two years ago when she was one of the smaller kids!) and managed to get a picture of the girls together without anyone getting injured.

The day before Easter, we dyed easter eggs in the backyard. It was a bit chilly, but way too messy for inside, so we braved the cold for the sake of art and tradition. Totally worth it. Romelie dyed 19 eggs - would have been a few more, but for some reason I have a really hard time boiling eggs without breaking them no matter what method of cooking them I try - and Cori watched calmly since messy dye and fragile eggs seemed like a disaster waiting to happen.

And Easter Sunday was spent at church, followed by a delicious lunch at my dad's house. Rather than trying to rush through an egg hunt at home before church, we just brought everything along to my dad's and did it outside in the backyard (it was much nicer out than the previous day). Both Romelie and Cori were wearing Easter dresses, which I've never bothered with before, but Cori's was a hand-me-down from Crystal's niece so I thought Romelie deserved a cute dress, too. Overall, it was a delightful holiday.

Other things that happened in April...Chason had a birthday! Happy birthday, husband. For his gift, I got tickets to a Twins game for April 12. Now for those who don't know, the Twins moved from the Metrodome into a brand new outdoor stadium last season, Target Field, and neither Chason nor I had been to a game yet. Unfortunately, we've had some bad luck recently with buying tickets to events. Last year for my birthday, Chason bought us tickets to see Simon and Garfunkel; that concert was postponed and later cancelled due to Art Garfunkel's illness. Then I bought tickets for us to see the MN Vikings play in December. That game was postponed and later relocated due to snow which ultimately collapsed the Metrodome. Fail.

Anyway, I figured I was taking a big chance on an outdoor game in April. Anything could happen (case in point - this picture of Romelie is from April 20th...sad). But man, we couldn't have had a better night. My dad babysat the girls and we got primo parking on the street for free. Pretty nice. The stadium is amazing, we had awesome seats (cheap seats, but front row third base line cheap seats), the weather was perfect, and the Twins actually won! And I got a free Pepsi Max on my way out the door. Bonus awesomeness.

Other April news...Cori is still coughing and raspy. I actually brought her in to see the doctor in early April when her cough had been going on for more than a month. The doc wasn't too concerned, though, and said to just keep an eye on it. Will do. Also keeping an eye on big angry red eczema patch on her face. Poor baby.

Romelie is becoming a pretty awesome big sister. She's really good at keeping Cori entertained by tickling her or making her laugh without being aggressive with her, which I appreciate more than I can describe because I know we're lucky in this regard. She's a pretty funny kid, that Romelie. She's especially into telling original Knock Knock jokes. They tend to follow this formula:

Knock Knock.
Who's there?
[Something that I can see]
[Something you can see] who?
[Something that I can see] that you eat with a [something else I can see].

For example, if I were to tell a Knock Knock joke at this moment using Romelie's Knock Knock joke formula, it might go something like this:

Knock Knock.
Who's there?
Computer.
Computer who?
Computer that you eat with a water bottle.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Until the next update, I invite you to go forth and impress your friends with your hilarity.

No comments: