Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, January 11, 2008

Hello, 2008!

First of all, congratulations to Bronwyn and Shane whose baby girl, Greta, was born last week! Best wishes to you all (and Torin, too!), and we can't wait for her and Romelie to meet. :)

I hope everyone had a happy new year. Per my prediction, I was in bed by 10:15. And it was great. Aunt Crystal came over to celebrate with us for a little while, and I realized that I had absolutely zero pictures of Crystal with Romelie. Problem remedied.


I think our flea situation is finally slowing down. It's hard to tell new bites from old bites, but I think I've only had one new bite in the last week, and I haven't seen a single flea in 2008. We'll keep going with the Frontline doses (I know there are more out there, I just know it!), but our problem seems to be getting better. Finally.

Romelie started day care on Monday of this week. For those who don't know our day care situation, we found a gal back in September who runs an in-home day care. She has a baby girl about a month older than Romelie and a son who's about 2-1/2 years old. The best part of the deal is that she lives 6 blocks away, so it's really convenient for us. The not-so-good part is that she's got 7 babies and toddlers that she watches. Only her two kids, Romelie, and two toddlers are full-time, but then she has a part-time 11-month old and a part-time 8-month old. That's a lot of babies, and that makes me worry that Romelie isn't getting the attention I would like her to have. I really like our provider; I just wish she was watching less kids. And that she was a little cheaper. But Romelie has reportedly been doing really well so far, and Chason and I are always sure to give her lots of hugs and play-time in the evenings. The other kids apparently call her "Rommy" (like mommy with an "r") because they can't quite get Romelie. Which is cute.
More visits in 2008...after saying good-bye to Grampa Steve and Gramma Angel, we've had visits from Heidi and Andrea, two BSM volleyball coaches, and from Shad and Jennifer (who are newly engaged!). Unfortunately, I'm a dummy and forgot to take pictures again. I'll work on it. And Romelie spent her first time outside other than running to the car and back. It was 40 degrees on Sunday, so we went for a (short) walk in the stroller. Good times were had by all.

Finally, Romelie had her 2-month well-baby checkup on Wednesday. She's at 24-3/4" and 12 lbs 8 oz. She's still got baby acne and male-pattern baldness, but she's healthy and developing well. She had to get immunizations, so she cried, but no side effects afterwards - no fevers, and she didn't even seem to be sore! What a sweet baby...

No comments: