Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Teeth

No, not Romelie’s teeth. Mine. Romelie, though she turned 10 months old yesterday, has yet to sprout a single tooth. I, on the other hand, had my first dentist appointment in I’m-not-telling how long, and had four cavities. They have since been taken care of, and now I have horrible, horrible pain on the entire lower right side of my mouth. I don’t know if something went wrong or it’s just being overly sensitive, but I’m giving it another week and then I’m going back in to get it checked out. Boo teeth problems. Better believe I’ve been a professional flosser lately, though.

Romelie has started finger foods. To be fair, she started finger foods a couple weeks ago, but I’m just remembering to blog about it now. She eats cheerios and pasta like a champ. I tried banana last night, and I don’t know what genius thinks bananas are good finger foods since they’re too slippery for her to hold on to them. I ended up just feeding them to her. But she’s improving daily at the whole hand-eye coordination thing.

Unfortunately, I’ll be leaving my family for a few days coming up here. I’m going to Indianapolis for a work conference – I leave Sunday morning and don’t come back until Wednesday night. My mom’s coming down to help Chason with Romelie so he doesn’t get completely exhausted. I’ll miss everyone, but I’m most worried right now about pumping while I’m gone. My boss arranged so I’ll have a fridge in my hotel room, but I need to transport it all back through airport security. The TSA website says a mom, even a mom traveling without a child, can transport breastmilk through security, but it specifies that it must be “in reasonable quantities for the duration of your itinerary.” Does 60 ounces (since that’s about what I’ll get in 3-1/2 days) count as reasonable?

Wish me luck…sorry, no new pictures to share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should have gone to West Lake Dental. They have cable for you to watch while they are putting drills and suction hoses in your mouth. You could have watched Rachel Ray make a delightful dish. Oh, and they tell you that you are a goood dental patient. :) I am proud of you for going! Love, Crystacular