Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 29, 2008

Ready for another Vikings season!

I’m back from Indianapolis. The Colts lost while I was there, while the Vikings won while I was away. Then of course yesterday, they lost again. The Vikings seem to lose when I watch the games – maybe I should just stop watching now. I have cute pictures of Romelie in her new Vikings hat to post – I’ll get them up ASAP.

My teeth don’t hurt any more; thanks for the concerns! I did end up going back to the dentist but there wasn’t anything unusual going on and they said to try giving it a few more weeks. I get a little twinge every now and then, but I think I’m good to go.

The trip was fine, and I missed my family (of course). Romelie was a very good baby while I was gone. She got to spend a couple days up with Grandma Carol and loved watching the ducks and geese and puppies and the entire menagerie. I got special searched on the way there AND on the way back, and while I was permitted to transport my cooler o’ breastmilk, they insisted on taking every single bag of it out, laying on the counter, and testing it with some wand-looking device. So that was a little embarrassing, but at least they didn’t make me throw any of it away.

New Romelie news – three times now, she’s pulled herself up to standing! It happened twice a couple Thursdays ago (9/18) when she pulled herself up using the couch so she could get a better look at the cat who was sitting there. Both times, she freaked out when she realized that she didn’t know how to get back down – the second time, she seemed resigned to just freefall sideways, so I had to catch her. Then she did it late last week in daycare. So apparently, she’s planning on skipping right over sitting up and crawling (two things she has yet to even attempt) and go straight to standing. Brilliant.

I’ll get those pictures up tonight, hopefully. Still waiting on the pictures from visiting Uncle Paul in Wisconsin (my mom brought them down, but I forgot to ask for them, so I don’t know if they’re in my house somewhere or what). I’m a slacker, we all know that.
**Update 10/2 - Pics are up! And I got the ones from Wisconsin, so I'll try to get those up tonight or tomorrow.

No comments: