Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Almost time for a birthday...

Romelie has a little bit of a temperature. She doesn’t seem to be sick, but she’s been sleeping more than usual. Two nights ago, she went to bed at 7:15 – and she would have fallen asleep on the floor earlier, but we had to keep her awake for dinner! So I don’t know if she’s coming down with something, or if it’s teething, or a growth spurt, or what. Hopefully it doesn’t get any worse.

As far as recent events go, Romelie got her picture taken with Santa last Thursday! I know, it’s a bit early for Santa, but we had an opportunity through our friend Erin to get a free picture taken at the Mall of America, and I’m cheap, so I took it. And I’m super glad I did because the picture is awesome! She was a bit fussy and I didn’t think she could handle sitting on his lap, but it was a professional photography studio that was hosting the Santa pictures, so they had all these props and tricks to getting the perfect shot. They got her all comfy in a little chair and got her laughing and smiling and then Santa just snuck into the shot behind her – she never even knew he was there! Pretty cute.

By the way, in case anyone was counting, only three more days until Romelie’s first birthday! We’re not having a party (technically she already had one in Texas, so she doesn’t need two), but my mom is coming into town and I’ll probably make her a little cake. I was going to get a free one from Lunds, which again, cheap-o that I am, I was really revved about, but you need to show a copy of her birth certificate and I have only just realized – we either never got one or accidently threw it away! Which stinks. We can get a new one (which I’ll probably take care of next week), but not in time for her birthday, obviously. Ah well. Homemade cake equals love, right? Right. Look for a new blog with loads of pictures after Romelie is one year old!!

1 comment:

Molly said...

That is the cutest picture EVER! Seriously!